Earnscliffe Strategy Group’s people are at the heart of our success. Founded in 1989 and independently owned by our Principals, we operate from offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec.
Our team includes Communication Experts, Business Leaders, Academics, Government Policymakers, Award-winning Journalists and Public Opinion Analysts. We are proud to be a recognized leader in each of our service offerings: Strategic Communications, Government Relations, Public Policy Analysis, and Public Opinion and Market Research.
Our team is committed to, and operates to deliver against, our core values of Excellence | Integrity | Trust | Team | Inclusion. We look for these same qualities in those who join our growing team.
Earnscliffe Strategy Group believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
If you are interested in a career with our team, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining your career objective.
Full time position, located in Ottawa or Toronto
Package includes bonus and full health/dental/life insurance coverage
We are embarking on a journey to develop and deliver a first-class employee experience to attract, engage and retain talented individuals. We are seeking an HR professional with a proven track record to lead our Talent team, who will play a key role in positioning Earnscliffe Strategy Group as a “Best in Class” employer of choice. This opportunity will appeal to individuals with limitless energy who draw inspiration from challenges and leading change, and who are looking to have fun doing serious work on a great team.
Founded in 1989 and independently owned by our principals, Earnscliffe Strategy Group operates from offices in Vancouver, Saskatoon, Toronto, and Ottawa.
We offer our clients a unique understanding of the country and where it intersects in the world. Our leadership team includes former government policymakers, business leaders, academics, award-winning journalists and public opinion analysts. We are a recognized leader in each of our service offerings: government relations, strategic communications, and public opinion research.
• Act as a strategic business advisor, providing advice/guidance to business leaders and recommending innovative solutions, customized to meet business needs
• Act as the single point of contact for business leaders in support of developing and delivering the full range of talent services and programs including talent acquisition, total rewards, recognition, performance management, coaching, inclusion, talent development, succession planning, disability management, wellness, employee relations, change management, employee engagement and retention
• Engage and “Building Earnscliffe” team in support of defining and achieving the corporate culture objectives
• Support the Board Human Resources Committee to deliver its responsibilities and accountabilities
• Develop and implement national talent strategies, specifically as it relates to achieving justice, equity, diversity and inclusion objectives
• Analyze employee data and talent trends to develop recommendations for improving employee engagement, productivity and retention
• Ensure that top talent is identified and plans are created to address their professional development and career objectives
• Ensure that underperforming people are identified and that plans are created to return them to acceptable performance
• Manage disability claims from first day of absence through to return-to-work
• Ensure talent learning and development needs are identified and addressed
• Work with the executive team to develop plans to address current and future talent resource requirements
• Support the annual compensation cycle incorporating best practices and establishing a framework of continuous process improvement
• Take the lead on national talent projects and program development
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 7-10 years of relevant experience in human resource management
• University degree in a related discipline and a professional designation in Human Resources
• Demonstrated knowledge of all functions of human resources including employee relations, performance management, compensation, talent acquisition, disability management, policy development, and talent development
• Proven track record of working in a team environment and providing guidance/advice to business leaders to assist with decisions that impact people
• Ability and courage to challenge the status quo, influence senior leaders, develop innovative solutions, and drive change
• Excellent communication and leadership skills with an ability to form strong relationships at all organizational levels. Ability to speak French considered an asset.
• Capable and comfortable leveraging technology to work together with people even when you’re apart (ex: you prefer a MS Teams video call over a phone call)
• Superior written communication skills in English
• Strong project management and planning skills, and an ability to implement complex programs
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Comfortable leading presentations and workshops in both large and small groups
• Availability to travel regularly to other offices (Ottawa, Toronto, Saskatoon and Vancouver)
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, processes, services, systems, and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Leads by example. Encourages others by inspiring enthusiasm, a feeling of inclusion and a desire to succeed. Role models a positive attitude and recognizes positive contributions.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to consider additional points of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence, earns respect and quickly establishes credibility with clients. Makes an impact that matters to the people of Earnscliffe and our business.
• Fast-paced workplace environment.
• You must be able to interact professionally with all team members throughout our organisation while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the right person for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.