People are at the heart of Earnscliffe’s success — which is why we invest in our talent.
As a team, we are committed to making impactful change that reflects our core values. If you’re a dynamic team player that knows how to adapt meaningfully, we want to hear from you. Come and join our expert team of strategists, communicators, business leaders, academics, government policymakers, award-winning journalists and public opinion researchers.
We offer flex time and accommodate arrangements that allow you to work around times where balance is key.
We offer an employment insurance top-up to make it easier to care for baby and yourself.
Justice | Equity | Diversity | Inclusion is the lens we apply to our people, programs and partnerships.
We have you covered at no cost to you, so you can enjoy peace of mind.
We offer a flexible vacation policy so you can enjoy the time you need when you need it.
We are not only the beginning of your career, we are invested in mentoring you to build a career with us.
You are not just an employee, you have an opportunity to own a part of our growth.
Executive Coordinator/Officer Coordinator
Our Executive Coordinator/Office Coordinator will manage the Toronto office on a daily basis and be responsible for supporting the team with a variety of administrative tasks. This role is the first point of contact for our company and duties will include offering administrative support.
To be successful as an Executive Coordinator/Office Coordinator, you should have strong written and verbal communication skills as the point person for a diverse group of people working at different levels and in different service lines in the Toronto office. You should have strong organizational skills and be able to multitask between managing the office and supporting a number of team members. We are looking for someone who is also curious and proactive to help with in office technology and liaise with our IT team to fix issues quickly.
The Executive Coordinator/Office Coordinator play a vital role in contributing to the strong performance of our teams. This position focuses on providing highly-effective administrative support on an as needed basis. The Executive Coordinator is relied upon to exercise a high degree of tact, confidentiality, and discretion.
Executive and Office Coordinator responsibilities include but are not exclusive to the following:
- Welcome guests and greet people who visit the business
- Support the scheduling of meetings, clarifying priorities and required materials;
- Prepare, edit and format proposals, presentations, decks, reports, memoranda, working with materials for approval, often of a highly confidential or sensitive nature;
- Support the booking of travel for trips relating to professional matters;
- Provide administrative support on lobbying compliance activities;
- Provide logistical support in the organization of client Lobby Days, including, but not limited to coordinating agendas, scheduling meetings, organizing logistics, preparing materials, and ensuring accurate record-keeping;
- Facilitate communications, information flow and working relationships with colleagues;
- Provide administrative support during internal team calls and external client calls, as requested and where possible;
- Liaise effectively with other departments, including on behalf of a Principal colleague (e.g., Office Administrators, Finance, Human Resources, etc.);
- Support well-organized electronic filing systems that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval, and, where required, meet legislated and governance requirements;
- Process expenses and expense reports relating to professional matters;
- Provides recommendations to their supervisor to continuously improve systems and processes.
- Supports with in office technology and liaises with company IT to mediate issues, including operating voice over internet protocol system and boardroom technologies such as owl system and touchscreen.
- Organizes plans and reservations for team events, lunches and dinners, including catering and management of client meetings and in and out of office events
- Work with team members to manage subscriptions and tracking of subscriptions
- Manage phone and extension activations for incoming and outgoing team members
- Coordinating couriers
- Act as a contact for Landlord/Security
- Sending requests to landlord regarding facilities issues
- Act as a contact for office equipment maintenance
- Act as Floor Ward in case of emergency
- Assist team members when needed
- Distribute correspondence and courier deliveries
- Maintain common areas in a clean and tidy manner
- Stock office, printer and kitchen supplies as required
- Make coffee, fill and empty dishwasher as required
- Order and maintain secure shredding of documents
- Proactively encourage planning and monitoring who is in the office, both team members and clients, for hybrid work, health and security reasons
- Become familiar with office emergency plans and understand the crisis response for a building emergency. Deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
- Ultimately duties and responsibilities are to ensure the Office Coordinator/Executive Coordinator welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
Core conduct + expectations
- Ensure behaviour aligns with the vision and values of the organization (including justice, equity, diversity and inclusion principles) and in compliance with corporate Code of Conduct.
- Undertake responsibilities and assignments in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely responses to team member and client requests.
- Manage expectations within your team and proactively communicate deviations from commitments.
- Contribute to internal initiatives in support of the management of the business.
- Meet performance standards as defined by the Performance management program.
Qualifications + skills
- Diploma or certificate in related field or equivalent experience required.
- At least three years of work experience required.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and build harmonious working relationships with colleagues, clients, and the general public.
- Able to exercise diplomacy, tact, confidentiality, and good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and in protecting confidential information.
- Very organized, high attention to detail, and able to prioritize tasks.
- Highly-responsive, proactive and diligent with follow-through.
- Able to perform secretarial and administrative duties with deliberate speed and accuracy and without immediate and constant supervision.
- Excellent written and spoken English required; fluent French/English bilingualism desirable.
- Strong technical problem solving skills with standard office computer network issues, peripherals and telecoms tools required.
- Practical experience and strong facility with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong personal interest and commitment to Earnscliffe’s mission and vision required.
- Hands on experience with office equipment and hybrid work technology (e.g., virtual meeting equipment, printer, coffee machines)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills